Marketing has changed at a rapid pace. Some marketers even believe that marketing has changed more in the past two years than in the previous 50 years. Most startups these days have adopted digital marketing. But not all the weapons that digital marketers have in their arsenals are equally effective. Some digital marketing strategies hit the bullseye, while others don’t even come close. Ready to Get Started?
1. Email MarketingDespite predictions of its death in the marketing world, emails are still around and delivering a handsome return on investment to marketers. In a recent survey conducted by Demand Metric and the Data & Marketing Association, it was concluded that email marketing had an impressive ROI of 122%. That was four times higher than the other marketing channels which were analyzed. Those channels included paid search, direct mail, and social media. Though email marketing is highly effective, not all startups are able to harness the true power of email marketing. But some brands have excelled at email marketing.
2. Social Media MarketingSocial media has become a powerful marketing tool these days. According to a Social Media Examiner’s report, 90% of marketers confirmed that social media is important to their businesses. And 89% of marketers indicated that their social media initiatives have generated increased exposure for their companies. The following is a list of the benefits offered by social media marketing:
- It increases exposures and traffic.
- Social media marketing develops loyal customers.
- It improves search ranking and generates leads.
- It establishes thought leadership.
3. Pay-Per-Click Marketing (Google AdWords)Pay-per-click (PPC) marketing is a method of using search engine advertising to bring visitors to your website. PPC is a powerful marketing tool to generate sales-ready leads. Pay-per-click advertising offers many practical advantages, such as:
- You can reach your customers at the right time with the right ad.
- High ROI as you will have to pay only when an interested person clicks.
- Control over how much you want to spend.
- Data and insights to help sharpen other marketing strategies.
4. Search Engine OptimizationThere are hundreds of websites in your niche alone. How can your website come up on the top when potential customers search for the keywords relevant to your business? This is where search engine optimization (SEO) plays a decisive role. If your website ranks high in search results when your potential customers search for the keywords related to your products or services, it leaves an impression that you are a reputable company.
5. Influencer MarketingInfluencer marketing is a highly effective tool for startups to grow their brands. And the best thing is that it’s inexpensive compared to traditional marketing channels.
- Most customers have become immune to traditional marketing channels.
- Influencer marketing is less expensive than other promotional strategies.
- Influencer marketing is easy-to-implement.
- Word-of-mouth aspect of influencer marketing builds trust for your brand.
- Customers will engage with your brand because of the authenticity of influencers.
6. Content MarketingContent marketing has become a must for businesses these days, whether you are working in the B2B or B2C domain. 90% of B2C organizations are extremely/very committed to content marketing, and 88% of B2B marketers agree that content marketing is an important part of their marketing programs. By adopting content marketing strategies for your startup, you can:
- Increase visibility for your brand.
- Build lasting relationships with your customers.
- Boost brand awareness and brand recognition.
- Build credibility and authority.
- Create thought leadership.